View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 03:52 PM
tranum

Originally Posted by quiltsfor View Post
Wow, that doesn't sound so good. Have you thought about running to the laundry mat when you need to wash fabric that bleeds for a wash or two.

I recently replaced my washer. I was having trouble with mine in that every time it was spinning to drain the water, etc. it would get off balance. It too used very little water and basically just made the clothes heavy and they clung together and tangled so bad. The center 'pole' would just do short twists but always in a circle, instead of with a swishing motion.

I finally found a washer that I really like. BIt is a top load, Speed Queen. It basically has the 'old' time works/mechanisms in it, in how the center 'pole' moves in an actual swishing motions like old machines used too 20 or so odd years ago. It is a new/modern machine, and has a lot of choices of settings, including water levels etc. But what I really like as well, is that it washes and spins without tangling up the clothes/fabric and since having it for almost a year now, it has yet to get off balance, even with heavy blankets or quilts.
I have SQ also & like it very much. The automatic water setting stops so I can add more water by holding the “fill knob” to the right. I only do this when the load is larger size.