View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 07:49 PM
Peckish

Another happy Speed Queen owner!
I had a front-loading Kenmore for 15 years. Boy was I happy when that thing finally died. My husband wanted to shop around but I'd spent 2 years doing research, talked to a lot of quilters AND hand-dyers, watched a lot of washing machine footage on YouTube. Did you know you can watch entire wash cycles of a whole bunch of different machines? 😆 I knew exactly which make and model I wanted. My husband kept nagging me, wanting to shop around. I finally asked him who did more laundry, me or him? Who was the quilter and needed to wash quilts and fabric? Ha ha! He said "Well, you do do ALL the laundry, so I guess if that's the machine you want, that's the machine we'll get."

I had to laugh when we went to the store. The salesman greeted me and showed me their "highest rated washing machine". I asked 'Highest rated, based on what?" He said based on energy savings, water savings, blah blah blah. I said absolutely not. I don't care about water savings, in fact I want a washer that will fill the tub all the way to the top. He then showed me the Speed Queens, which is what I wanted in the first place.

Last edited by Peckish; 06-24-2022 at 07:55 PM.