View Single Post
Old 06-27-2022, 07:08 AM
SusieQOH
Power Poster

Originally Posted by RN-Quilter View Post
My pet peeve is fabric snobs....those who use ONLY, DEFINITELY and ABSOLUTELY 100% quilting cotton.
"Oh...you spend so much time on it...use only the best of everything to make it worth your time.."

They forget where and how and why quilts were made.

It seems people have taken the poor man's blanket and is now trying to make it into a rich man's prerogative.
The rich have always been able to afford the best....it is the poor who had to make do with bits and pieces to make something out of nothing.

And on the same note are those pin (only glass-head pins, you know)and machine snobs....

🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢
From one RN to another- would you like tools and techniques used in healthcare so inferior to what is available today just because that's how it used to be?
I find your argument silly. Even when the poor were making quilts there were many who made magnificent quilts in those days, using the latest fabrics. Quiltmaking is very individual. So what if someone only likes 100% cotton? Not one of your criteria matter to me in the least. People have their preferences and choices and it's all good! The only thing that matters to me is if the quilters are enjoying what they're doing.