View Single Post
Old 06-27-2022, 08:06 PM
RN-Quilter

Talking Don't stir....

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
From one RN to another- would you like tools and techniques used in healthcare so inferior to what is available today just because that's how it used to be?
I find your argument silly. Even when the poor were making quilts there were many who made magnificent quilts in those days, using the latest fabrics. Quiltmaking is very individual. So what if someone only likes 100% cotton? Not one of your criteria matter to me in the least. People have their preferences and choices and it's all good! The only thing that matters to me is if the quilters are enjoying what they're doing.
You miss the point....I am glad the rich keep the shops open, and I am very happy tor them if they can afford the best money can buy....

The point is: There are people who put on airs of "I and mine are better than yours" --- these people should not look down on those who use men's shirts or any other kind of fabric.
The end-product is just as good and lovely and usable as the expensive one.

I am sure this thread was not started to create a squabble, but to let every one air their own pet peeve.
We don't have to be keyboard warriors...let us agree to disagree. Play nice, as my mom used to say.😊