View Single Post
Old 06-27-2022, 10:18 PM
toogie

Originally Posted by Ariannaquilts View Post
Toogie, seriously you’re saying you got the fabric 4 days ago and you put that beauty together already?!? It took me a couple of days to cut and put together a bargello table runner. God bless you for all you do for our veterans. Also just for being you!💜💜
Arianna I worked at a sewing factory nearly 40 years ago. I already sewed at home but at the factory you had to sew fast. You had a daily quota to meet and every time you sewed 99% they raised the quota so you sewed even faster to try to reach the quota. When I left the factory job I had trouble sewing at home. My machine just wouldn’t go fast enough.-lol The factory machines were commercial, fast speed and loud. I like the machines now and always sew at the fastest setting-lol
I almost got another QOV top made today.-lol It’s really simple though. Someone is always passing me some QOV fabric that they’ve had a while and maybe figured I could do something with it. I thought it wasn’t very pretty but I’m liking it more now. It is Army emblems or seals and the fabric around them wasn’t square. To square it up and center, I had to cut a lot off. I saw whoever had the fabric before me, had cut one emblem off. They probably got rid of the fabric by passing it on, because they had trouble squaring it up, too. So 18 blocks are the emblems and 17 blocks are half square triangles. It’s 5 blocks across and 7 down. You can see in this picture why I had to cut so much off.
Thank you for looking and your nice comments. -Toogie
Attached Thumbnails dbae0321-fdc7-4626-8770-34b0c51c1ed1.jpeg