View Single Post
Old 06-27-2022, 10:25 PM
MaryKa

​​​​​​Originally Posted by RN-Quilter
My pet peeve is fabric snobs....those who use ONLY, DEFINITELY and ABSOLUTELY 100% quilting cotton.
"Oh...you spend so much time on it...use only the best of everything to make it worth your time.."
They forget where and how and why quilts were made.
It seems people have taken the poor man's blanket and is now trying to make it into a rich man's prerogative.
The rich have always been able to afford the best....it is the poor who had to make do with bits and pieces to make something out of nothing.
And on the same note are those pin (only glass-head pins, you know)and machine snobs....
One of my pet peeves is Other People judging me.

I am paying for my fabric NoT U. So do not even try to tell me what fabeic I can use. I give All of my items away Free. Not one person pays for anything from my stashed gifts. 99 percent of my fabric is Free to me as I glean from others that have grown tired of fabric in their stash and bring it to the Senior enter and then we go thru it and take what we can use so everything is gone by Friday or it gets put in the trash as it builds up quickly due to having around 50 people working quilts. I went to a yard sale and came away with 5 walmart tubs (mid size) Free. Since I paid nothing for the supplies I do not charge anything saying "Free to me Free to you". and everyone is happy. I'm not going to buy the cheap stuff whether you like it or not. It's NoT your decision how I make my quilts or doll clothes or clothing for thhe children's wardrobe.