View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 08:04 AM
toogie

Originally Posted by lindaschipper View Post
This looks wonderful and very patriotic, just in time for July 4th! Personally , I've never done a bargello, and not sure I would have the patience for one. Maybe a smaler one ... Is there a pattern for a baby sized bargello?
Yes there is a pattern for a Baby Bargello in the book. The size says 39 1/2x 40 1/2 inch. However, my top didn’t come out to the size the pattern stated and I didn’t use my last strip set. I hated to say anything here since someone got confused about my post. I didn’t want more confusion.
When I told my leader that I know I cut my widths exactly like pattern stated. I know because my cutter helper(Hubby holds ruler from slipping&#128521 makes sure I stay straight-lol
The pattern may have allowed another set because not all fabrics are the same width and so when sewing your sets the outer edges are not even. I cut as close as I could to begin cutting my Bargello cuts so I didn’t need another whole set. It will be used for something else but that could normally be a lot of waste.
I could have kept going, cutting off my other set to get the width I needed but I wasn’t about to unpick or rip out on each end piece to add length. Borders are so much more doable!
I would love to see your Baby Bargello if you decide to make one. Have a nice day-Toogie

ps. Thanks to all of you for your nice comments about this Quilt of Valor Bargello I made. Like I said I’m tickled about the finished piecing.