View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 08:24 AM
MaryKa

Well as for my tastes--I like most everything except when the price out weighs the person doing the sewing. I can Not get myself to pay more than $6/yard and many times I can get it less from the stash pile at the senior center when I get the vibes to go check out the pile. We do a take some/leave some but once every week (Thursdays usually) I go and get what is left over as on Friday it is tossed into the dumpster or it gets to be too much. The group meets on Wednesday so they have already picked it over. This time I found Pink Elephants on flannel. I liked it but am not certain what I will be doing with it. It can sit im my ???? box for a while. I use the fabric that is large enough for girls clothing (5, 6, 6x, 7, & 8) No zippers used. I like to use buttons in the front so the girls can do it themselves. Then I make 18-inch doll clothes and give the packs to my church and Salvation Army to be given with the dolls. Once I've done those 2 things with the fabric everything left goes into my stash piles for doing quilts. These are given to the homeless shelters around the area. I was homeless for 3 years as Momma was confined to a nursing home and we lost our home (and all my everything I couldn't fit in my van.) Still I sewed by basting everything together and took those items to the local high school for the kids to learn how to sew at the first of the year. The only rule was they gave everything to the one homeless shelter and kept nothing. I have received a call from the teacher asking for more items for this next year. It will be her last and she wants to give the good feeling to the kids this year as well. I told her to come pick up their load. I had already finished what I planned to give the school.

One thing I don't take is the fabric that looks like it should be used for furniture. I have a lot of upholestery fabric but haven't found anyone to get it to. God will provide the right person to get it soon. Sooner would be nice as it is taking up space.