Old 06-29-2022, 12:01 PM
quiltsfor

Red face A scraps and no longer loving fabric whine

This is a whine, because I have a feeling of guilt. I need to thin out some scraps and some fabric that I don't like and know I will never use. Right now, our Goodwill is not taking any donations, and the only out side donation boxes up for other places say 'only clothes and shoes'.

I want it out of my quilting room, and I thought about giving it to churches or assisted living, or schools, but find that this isn't something that they want in my area. Then I thought about putting it on here for anyone, but I really don't want the expense of postage, and don't feel right to even ask for postage. Honestly, I feel like it is more of a hassle then a way of just saying here you go. I'm very rural and at the moment I don't drive, and this would have to be taken to the post office if I would do the 'send to someone way'.

I actually tossed some out in my trash bin (empty new bag) in my craft room, but the next morning I dug it out and put it back in the storage bins and cabinets. Ugh! It really isn't a lot, because of when planning the move, I took to Goodwill a lot of scraps. But now, there is no end in site to when Goodwill will accept donations again, and even then, they limit what they will take or not.

But it is more than I really want to throw away in the trash. It's nice fabric. Whine, whine, whine.

If you take the time to read this, please forgive, as I have a bad headcold right now and well.... I feel whiney.