View Single Post
Old 07-05-2022, 02:38 PM
MaryKa

Originally Posted by Quilting Raven View Post
I consider myself a reasonably intelligent person. I’m doubting that tonight. This year I decided to learn how to can food. This week I have conquered rose petal jam, two varieties of blueberry jam, and strawberry-honey butter. Then there were the blackberries. I love blackberry jam, but I’m not fond of picking seeds out of my teeth so I had the great idea of using my brand new kitchen aid attachment to remove the seeds. At first it was wonderful it was spitting the seeds out the end and my blackberries were being crushed and going down into my bowl. I was getting confident I could do this. Then it exploded, literally. The plastic piece that holds it all together had snapped. I was wearing blackberries, they were in my hair, my face, on my backsplash, my countertop, stove, white cupboards, dishwasher, floor, wall, and crock pot. A million towels later. I borrowed a food mill had finished the jelly and cleaned up the mess. Then I looked up. Humans should never look up. I have blackberries on my ceiling.

I may need therapy.
I can truly emphasize with you -- Only mine was a Vitamix Blender. Momma was not able to chew her meat any longer as when she was in the nursing home while I was working nights they decided to get her teeth pulled and the idiot pulled everyone of them. Only 1 was bad.
So I decided it would be easier for her to get her meat chopped so she would not have to chew it as hard. Momma agreed to try it Once and she decided she did like it because she could eat the entire piece of chicken breast so we thought Problem Solved--HA.
Put rhe cut up piece of chicken in the blender and set it to chop. Welllll the clear plastic top blew off the cover so every bit of the meat was doing a dance out the hole in the cover. Momma was laughing at the sight of this "Chopped Chicken Breast doing Reverse Tornado" out the hole in the white rubber top that the plastic piece had blown out of. My apartment kitchen is less than 5' wide and every inch was covered with Momma's chopped chicken.

Momma's worker had taken the plastic piece out and poured in Hot water into the blender. When she put the plastic top back sie did Not twist it into the cover. Sooooooooo I truly do feel bad about your disaster in the kitchen.

Just very glad I don't have to clean the blackberries off the ceiling he he he