Thread: digital fabric
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2022, 10:57 AM
quiltsfor

I've gotten and used several yardages of digital fabric from different manufacturers/brands. I think that digital fabric is a lot like the screen printed fabrics, in that it really depends on the quality of the manufacturer. Some screen prints from certain brands are so thin and flimsy, with easy shredding because of the loose weave, and some digital fabric is like a waterproof fabric shower curtain. It just depends on the quality of the product.

I have only gotten one of the digital fabrics that was like the waterproof feel of a shower curtain. Shiny, plasticky etc. But I have gotten multiple other brands of digital fabric that at first glance, you wouldn't even know it was digital. Like some others have mentioned, I have found that the colors are so much brighter.

I believe I read an article not too long ago about manufacturers for the most part, heading in the direction of going digital. As far as getting quality digital fabric, about the only drawback I see is that those who tend to reverse the fabric to get a different shade or color on their quilt front, might not be able to do so with digital because all the color design is on the front of the fabric for the most part.

I also wonder as some have, in that will the color stay as vibrant since it is only on one side of the fabric. Time will tell.

Last edited by quiltsfor; 07-11-2022 at 10:59 AM.