View Single Post
Old 07-16-2022, 02:28 PM
cashs_mom

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 View Post
I was wondering how much you had to lay out for the artista 180? Does it have the embroidery module?

This one did not have the embroidery module. I already have one that goes with my other Artista. It hasn't been out of the bag for over 10 years now. I just don't use it so no need to have another. I paid $300. which is a bit lower than the comparables I've seen.

Originally Posted by 1CharmShort View Post
Oh Patrice! I so get it! I use a Bernina Virtuosa 160, sister to your Artista 180 that I bought pre owned, nearly 2 decades ago. It has been my go to work horse for almost everything. Every time I think I 'need' a new foot or a new accessory for it - yes, they still sell that stuff- I think to myself... is this thing going to keep chugging long enough to make it worth the enormous price that things have come to?
I do love it tho, and want it to last forever.
I have an Eversewn backup, and lots of vintage machines to play with, but I hate the idea of losing my old maid. I really never considered trying to find another old Bernina.
hmmmmm
I just sold my Featherweight 222, (loved it too!) so maybe I should start looking....
I've been looking for over a year to find one. I missed one at an estate sale a couple years ago and decided I really need another. I'm so glad I found this one because when I went to turn my other one on today, it wouldn't boot up! Its done this before and then booted up later so I'm hoping it will again. If not, I guess someone up there was looking out for me.