View Single Post
Old 07-21-2022, 09:05 AM
sak658

My mom quilted all my life...we grew up under the swinging quilt frames...she handquilted all her quilts...after I lost her and one of my sisters the same year, I got all of both their quilting supplies..I was working at the time and didn't really get started till later..was grieving for both...My first quilt was an around the world and I pieced it all by hand..I still have it..it hangs on a ladder in my sewing room..I have a bunch of my mother's quilts all pieced by hand and lots are hand quilted.. I have a beautiful sewing room, and I'm in it every day, whether I'm quilting or not..I just got me a 5ft long arm frame with a 16" Janome long arm...am in love with it...my neice has ask me to make her 3 boys their t-shirt quilts..so that is my next project....the older two she wants 2 a piece, cause they have so many shirts, the little one, he only gets one..so that's 5 quilts I will make, so I will be busy for a while...which makes me very happy...When my hubby passed away in 2018, I stayed in our home of 56 years for 2 years, then I sold and my youngest daughter and hubby built a new home, and made a suite for me, bedroom, bath and sewing room...so I have been here over a year...love it..but miss my old home...I will be 80, Aug 3rd, so it was time to downsize and my health is good, so I hope to have many more years of quilting and enjoying life....Sorry this is long, but I love the quilting board, read it first thing every morning...