View Single Post
Old 07-27-2022, 07:56 AM
Chasing Hawk

Originally Posted by eparys View Post
I got one recently about my Amazon Prime account .... But Wait!! I don't have a prime account (lol) - so that was easy. Another one is a scam about PayPal - gotten several of those recently.

Chasing Hawk - It is such an inconvenience when your card is compromised glad this one was a hoax and you checked. On my two credit cards - I have an alert set for any time a transaction is made without the card being present. It sends me a email with vendor and amount - very convenient as I can take care of a problem quickly.

quiltsfor - I will have to remember that one!! Love it. I had one of those experiences but I asked the guy if his mother knew he lied for a living - oddly enough he hung up!!
We get the ones who say they are from the court and that we have a lawsuit against us. "To clear it up and negotiate. send us $ x amount of money via pre paid Visa cards"....lol

Or from the Sheriff's office saying they have a warrant out for us, last time I heard the Sherriff doesn't call to warn anyone.

My favorite is the one about a Visa CC. I don't have one, (Visa debit card is what I have). When I tell them I don't have a credit card, they call me a liar,...lol