View Single Post
Old 07-28-2022, 08:50 AM
Feather3

Last time I got the call saying there was a warrant for my arrest I told them to come get me. Never got that call again.

My friend told the auto warranty people sure she was interested (not really, but sick of the calls), but when she told them her car was a 1998 whatever with 350,000 miles they hung up on her.

I've gotten many e-mails & calls saying I placed a large purchase from Amazon. Also be aware they also send you an e-mail saying someone tried to log into your your Amazon, Paypal, e-bay, etc., account & it is no locked & requires a new password & to click here". Do NOT click. It's a scam.

Several years ago my CC got compromised. Someone placed an order at Victoria's Secret for $3000 for undies, made a $25.00 donation to some charity & tried to buy a $600 TV. I called my CC company, closed account, opened a new one. I no sooner got my new card & once again compromised. This time it was auto parts & a $1.00 charge for fuel. I called them & asked their location & where the charges were placed. Hummm same city. I said this sounds like an internal problem. I told them this happened a few weeks ago & it better not happen again. So yeah sadly there will be an employee that assumes they can do this & get away with it.

I had fraud protection placed on my cards. If you get a call saying fraud was done on your account hang up & call back.

Got a call a few days ago. Husband answered, as I was sleeping. They said I was to call some number, because my card was used at Walmart for a $400 purchase. I never used my CC at Walmart. He fussed I should call Walmart. I have a hard time trying to get him to understand that these calls are nothing but scams & to just hang up, don't say anything.