View Single Post
Old 08-05-2022, 01:37 PM
WMUTeach

Originally Posted by GwenH View Post
Hi everyone, I've been absent from the group for so long but I'm interested in the VQW, I've never been involved in one with this group. Can you fill me in, is this just within the group or is there another place or an online site that you all meet and chat?
I hope that I can join in and get some quilting done this weekend, I haven't had much time for quilting for quite awhile so I do need some motivation to get stuff done.
Have a great day!

GwenH, this is a very loosely organized group of folks who want to once a month dedicate some time to finishing projects. You will see the post for the Virtual Quilting Weekend each month and you can join in or not depending on your personal schedule. No commitments, no additional areas to sign up. As you see, some of us will make a list of what we want to accomplish while others just say, "I want to work on such and such". Then as the weekend moves along pop into the thread and see postings of progress and often some pictures of progress even if it not a finish. Of course share yours too! Mostly, it just gives us an excuse to spend some dedicated time in our sewing space and at our machine. Glad you joined us in the VQW for August. I am sure you will hear from our organizer, Raggiemom. She is a good communicator.