View Single Post
Old 08-06-2022, 07:57 PM
Railroadersbrat

We had Covid in July, my fiance was down hard with it but I ended up being asymptomatic and to be honest, all it felt like was a moderate summer cold. It was the absolute weirdest sickness I have ever gone through and I'm super glad we are completely over it with no long term symptoms. July was just a really bad month for us all around, I lost my uncle and couldn't go to the funeral because of Covid, my laptop threw me the white screen of death and I lost dozens of sewing patterns from SewCanShe and MSQC, like I said, really bad month, lol.

My TENS unit is helping me be more mobile without all the deep pain, though I still get a deep hitch when I'm not careful. I need to move the pads a little bit, but I'm getting there, ladies! I miss being able to sew with everyone and yes, I know a project is a project and I'm still involved, but I was really excited about getting the bowl cozies going. I have some dishes that I have to do in a little while, fiance is due home from the village tomorrow, if I can keep the momentum going, I think I'm going to try and get some 5" squares sewn up, I have some deep fall colors and I think they would make some really pretty bowl cozies.

My sister's quilt is calling to me, so I will be, at least, laying out the blocks and snapping pictures. I don't think I have enough to call it completed so I can sew the blocks together, I need a few more flowers, I think to call it done but it's close enough for placement and see where I'm at. She knows nothing about the fact she's getting a quilt, I kept her in the dark on purpose so I can surprise her with it.