View Single Post
Old 08-10-2022, 02:34 AM
helou

Default this is why I finish my "ugly" quilt

during the period of confinement due to Covid restriction I got rid of almost all the fabric accumulated that I will no longer use. I do not sew clothes anymore, just quilts or crafts.
One friend had brought to me a box full of what she found in her mother's house while preparing it for sale: "you make quilts may be this could be useful to you"
I was on a mission to give and/or use it, but certainly not throwing it in the garbage so.... but NOTHING was 100% cotton

thinking I would just sew some together to "make" a big piece of fabric that could be used for the inside of grocery totes or zippered bags or whatever... I decided to do a reversible 48x48 quilt. I even used an old bed sheet instead of batting. In short, nothing to be proud of but it occupied my long winter time during the beginning of the pandemic.

showing my quilts to one of my friend last weekend, I showed this one to her, laughing and saying it could be used to put on the floor for a cat or dog "bed" or to put a young baby and some toys. She thought it was such a great idea for my grandchild to be. Oh wow I had forgotten that they will be grandparents for the first time in september (they are 15 years younger that I)
I spontaneously gave it to her. You should have seen her teary eyes "really? are you sure?"
Nobody has ever given me a handmade quilt....
I know for a fact that she has a hard time holding a needle and thread as I was showing her how a EPP hexagone. She is good with a lot of things but not with sewing.

I could not beleive how moved she was.
It really made my day and I am so convinced that I will finish all my ugly-to-me quilts.

Last edited by helou; 08-10-2022 at 02:46 AM.