View Single Post
Old 09-04-2022, 06:09 PM
MaryKa

Sorry I'm late posting this. Had company as their home was sprayed for termites and the children were not able to be there for 48-57 hours. They left at 2pm today. Fell onto my bed and breathed a sigh of relief that they were gone. I love them dearly but from afar is even better. The 3 kids were constantly trying to chase my 2 cat who have never been around kids.

Ok, I'm working on my flag wall hanging. Just need to quilt it on the machine now ans then attach the binding. Easy as pie.

Then, if I get the Flag wall hanging finished this weekend I will start on Matthew's Cop quilt. Can't wait to see his eyes bug Christmas Day. I was informed that Michael decided I had to go to their house for Christmas which I turned down. I will keep their gifts here and they will come here -- both Chad and Vicki started to chime in with Michael but I don't want to go out that day. It's not a day I look forward to being as I am alone. Being at their home would not make the better and would then put a damper on their holiday.

They also came to bring me a meal for Monday. Vicki said just stuff it in the microwave and heat it for 5 minutes. I'll think about that one.

I did tell them that the only tradition that I have still is reading the Christmas story from the Gospel of Luke. When they come here I'll ask Chad to read it. I hope he will do it this year. It will be wonderful to have a man's voice reading it again. My Father always read it for us at home. He's been gone 40 years and the reading job fell to me as I was the oldest child at home. Momma said she couldn't take over that job. So I agreed.