View Single Post
Old 09-19-2022, 02:01 PM
Lady Diana

[QUOTE=Goatmom;8567181]I'm thinking about adding a straight stitch machine to my sewing room. The two must haves is controlling the speed and a larger throat size. I will probably have to order one as I'm about 3 hours from a shop that would have any to try out. I have read the information on the Brother PQ1500.

Since you asked for comments I would suggest that you find a dealer who carries both Janome HD9 and Juki. I always call Kenssewing.com for advice and information on machines. They sell Janome and Juki.
Kens could have sold me an expensive scan n cut, but recommended my keeping my Janome cutter, even though it didn't have features like the scan n cut. I have purchased numerous machines from them. They recommended the HD9. The Janome HD9 has some better features compared to the Juki 2010.

The HD9 V2 jumbo bobbin was a big plus since I do free motion and I can wind bobbins when sewing, since the bobbin Winder motor is independent of the machine motor.. JUKIM2010 does not have separate motor.
The Janome weighs 32 lbs, to Juki 25.3.
The Janome has a larger workspace.
The extra lift on the pressure foot: Janome 12.7mm to Juki 9mm.
The Janome speed is,1600,SPM to Jukis 1500 SPM
The Janome HD9 uses a stronger industrial needle, the Juki uses a regular household Machine needle.
Both machines handles up to 16 layers of quilting cotton, however, if you are a bag maker and use 2- Oz leather, the HD9 sewed beautifully...with 4 layers the Janome hd9 could handle it, Juki could not.
The janome can handle heavy weight thread, the Juki cannot.
The Janome lighting is better with lights above the needle and under the harp. JUKI has lighting above the needle.
The foot pedal on the Janome is a large, wide pedal with a gentle slope up so easy to press, with your heel on the floor. The Juki is a small pedal and you have to put your čntire foot up on the pedal, be sure to check out this pedal and their walking foot. Two,things buyers don't like.
The JUKI HAS ISSUES with their walking foot
Both machines can use straight stitch industrial feet.
Both machines have auto threader, up down buttons, and speed control.
Janome HD9 25 years warranty on mechanical parts, 5 years on computer and electrical
Juki has 5 years limited warranty on parts, 2 years on electrical.

Hope this Comparison helps.
Best wishes to all.