View Single Post
Old 09-24-2022, 10:21 AM
MaryKa

Singer Heavy Duty 4423. Best machine I've ever owned. Sews extremely well and I can sew everything from fine netting to heavy duty sailing canvas without any problems. Only time I had a problems was when I put the bobbin in backwards and that was me not the machine. Other than that I have had no problems at all. Since most of my quilts will be tied off that will not be a problem either. I use a hoop for tying off my quilts. I have quilted my wall hanging on it so it does quilt small items extremely well. Also sewed 40 different aprons and many shopping bags from upholstry fabric. Again no problems. Bought mine online from Wards.com but you can also go to Singer.com and get it for a better price--no extra mark ups. I can do quilting on it as I have a "free machine quilting foot". Does not have a needle up/down option but for me that is not a problem. All I have to do is give it a turn and that is the way I grew up sewing so it does not bother my style.
Can you go to a store that sells machines and have classes on how to use them. Maybe they will let you try out a few of their machines to find out what ones are the best fit for you.

Last edited by MaryKa; 09-24-2022 at 10:33 AM.