View Single Post
Old 11-03-2022, 03:18 PM
GingerK

Your Thanksgiving is like our Christmas. But we have evolved. I guess it started with me. Once son and daughter agreed to each take a turn at hosting, I tried lasagna one year--didn't feel right. Another time my turn came around, I decided I just didn't want to cook and we ordered Chinese from the restaurant in town (which meant someone had to stay DD until we picked it up, since they didn't deliver--uggh) It was okay but again, not a winner.

Sooo, when it is son's turn, DIL does a killer turkey (she learned from a cookbook!) but her gravy sucks so one of us usually 'helps'. Daughter makes a fantastic beef tenderloin that is unbelievable!! Won't even try to compete with that!! And for my turn, I will do either a spiral cut ham with homemade scalloped potatoes and scalloped cauli for our keto followers, or a turkey.

Daughter, the baker, always brings a dessert, no matter who is hosting. Her date cake with rum caramel sauce is a favourite. Ummm but so are her individual lava cakes. But we also really like her pumpkin pie.....need I say more?