Thread: Sick about this
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 07:42 AM
Chrickett

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
I got this quilt out to look it over, considering blocking and binding, etc. and I noticed something. Look at the dark inner border around the center star. When I made it the width of that border had to be pretty exact so that the next row of blocks fit correctly. I drew the line that the row of blocks had to line up with for sewing.

I had gone over and over this top before deciding that I was ready to send it off for quilting and I never realized that I hadn't trimmed the dark border fabric. Now it shows underneath the lighter fabric.

I believe that may be totally unacceptable and maybe I should forget about entering this quilt in any shows.

Please... honest opinions? Is that a show stopper? Should I just be happy with the wonderful quilt it is and forget about showing it?
Go ahead and enter it in a show , county , state, etc. you might win I could not see anything wrong with the quilt myself. It is beautiful and the quilting is super. also it has beautiful colors. and your mistake may not be noticed, and if it is tell them that is the way you planed it.

:lol: