Old 12-27-2022, 12:47 AM
RedGarnet222
Power Poster

If you are making clothing for yourself, get a sewing form and adjust it to your measurements. Have someone measure you so they are correct. The patterns are not like the sizes in the stores. If you are serious about sewing something that fits you NEED one It is a real game changer. I have seen a professional even pad the form to fit here and there even better. Buy some gridded pattern material to be able to adjust or make your pattern perfect. Now some people will even make up a jacket or dress in muslin so they can adjust it at will without worrying about ruining the expensive fabric.
, Like I keep repeating garment making is much easier with a dress form. Most fabric stores carry them.
I have found that Vogue is reliable and many times Butterick is a nice choice. They have more details that make the garment look professional and upscale.
There is a site on-line I have visited called Pattern Review that has tons of information and knowledgeable people to give you some help. There are classes that help you get on the right track.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 12-27-2022 at 12:50 AM.