Old 03-09-2010, 01:20 PM
OmaForFour

I have a Brother XR52 right now which is fine. I have been looking into the Janome MC6600P, but am disappointed that I can't find a price on one. I am in Maine and the nearest dealer I can find is 100 miles away. I doubt they would give me a quote over the phone since I am not quite ready to place an order. I found a price of $1100 on a 6500P but am not sure that would have all that I want compared to the 6600. Cany anyone give me an idea of what this machine would cost or where I could find someone to give me a ballpark price? Thanks for your help.
Originally Posted by jeanau
Kenmores are not made by Bernina. Some Kenmores are made by Janome. Many people are happy with their Kenmores. But, Berninas are Swiss made and Janomes are Japanese. Kenmores are very reliable machines, and can be returned to Sears if you are unhappy with machine within 30 days. Berninas are only sold through Bernina stores/representatives. I hope that this information helps you out. If I am incorrect on this, please someone jump in and correct me. Happy new machine...always a lot of fun to get a new sewing machine!