View Single Post
Old 03-19-2023, 12:49 PM
quiltingcandy

For baby quilts I usually go a bit larger so they can be used later. My favorite go to is the "I Spy" so they can be a learning tool too. Also, so many people give the new baby small soft blankets that I don't want the quilt just put away. I did make small quilts for girls so they can be used as doll quilts. But that was because I had some panels that were so cute and didn't want to use them as a medallion style. One friend told me she tried to put the quilt away and her daughter told her that her babies were using it to keep warm. LOL! The one I made for my grandson is a simple Chevron this a large heart in the right lower quadrant. The fabric line was, I Love You to the Moon and Back - they already had the book. His dad won't let him use it - it hangs in his room - the label is the "Twinkle, Twinkle little star, Do you know how loved you are?" His dad said it makes his tear up every time he reads it. My daughter said I need to make my grandson another one, but I will wait until he needs one for a bed. He is only 2 and still in a crib. Besides I need to make one for his new sister now.