Thread: Puff quilt
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 04:03 PM
knlsmith

Originally Posted by grammypatty7
Originally Posted by dbarbey
I used the scraps from the bug quilt I made for this puff quilt. I will say I liked the looks of it but will never tackle the job of making another one. LOL
This is beautiful! I've never tackled one of these but have made 2 biscuit quilts and will probably tackle another one as it has turned out to be my oldest granddaughter's favorite throw and the biscuit throw is mine. The biscuit quilt is a huge queen throw so she has no need for that yet but it needs to have some of the biscuits stitched together and I may suggest she use it during her next visit and may just wait and show her how to do the mending and see if she would like to have it. I love your puff quilt but don't know if I'd have the patience to do it. I only tolerated the biscuit quilt because I'm a scrap quilter and every time I worked with a fabric, I'd also cut out a biscuit and accumulated them in a laundry basket until there were enough to put together. The putting together was honestly the worst part as I had to do them by hand. I assume you had to put your puffs together by hand as well.
Patty
Do you have a link for biscuit quilt? and maybe a pic? I thought they were the same, what is the difference?
Thanks a bunch!