View Single Post
Old 04-02-2023, 04:07 AM
sschick

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
I gave up pin basting. Unless you have a ginormous quilt you can glue baste on a kitchen table or wide enough counter. Some people do it on an ironing board. I use my dining room table. I put the backing down, then the batting, then the top, maneuver it all til it is centered properly, then flip it over and slide it down on the chairs til I can pull back the backing almost halfway and start gluing, Then slide it up and flip the other side. Once it is glued, it is still reposition able for a while but holds well enough to slide it around to do the rest. I think there are YouTubes. I don't use the Sharon Shamber method with boards or pool noodles. I don't find it necessary to get a smooth backing and top. I'm about 30 quilts in with this method, up to queen size, and always successful. I use cotton batting and the glue washes out when I am done.
I have a desk that came from a hotel that I use for cutting which I can use for pin basting. I never thought to use it when basting with the glue.