View Single Post
Old 04-05-2023, 11:00 AM
Gemm

Hi everyone - sorry for being so quiet on the thread lately - life has been busy and while I have lurked now and then when I've had a chance, I just want to say again what a great place this is. Ideas and encouragement everywhere you look!

So here's a throwback to a few months ago when I was asking advice on neutral backgrounds (post #64). I am proud to present my completed quilt top/flimsy. It's nothing at all like I had first imagined/planned, but I'm quite pleased with it and am especially chuffed to be able to say it's 100% from stash (with a couple of extra neutral fabric pieces from a friend's stash thrown in). It finished at about 48.5" x 64" which has led me to wanting to shop widebacks since I generally avoid piecing my backing, but I know I must have something that would work in my stash so I'm trying to stay strong. :-) The original "focus fabric" will most likely be used for the binding.

What has completely stunned me is that my stash doesn't seem to have shrunk all that much... it feels like I've been cutting through tons of fabric for this quilt. I guess I'd better go find another project to start!
Attached Thumbnails img_8273.jpg