View Single Post
Old 04-17-2023, 12:19 PM
gardengirl1331

Default Janome keeps beeping for no reason

well that I can find. It started today and it's done it about 7 times with only sewing a few short 6" pieces together. I'm already not having a good day, so my emotions aren't helping haha. But to be totally honest I've disliked this machine since I bought it. I tried to see if the store I got it from would buy it back used when I had it for about 45 days (wish I just trusted my gut and returned it before the 30 days were up) and never heard back from them (not the first time they've ignored me, the second week I had it I asked a simple (non-problem) question and they would not get back to me, really not happy with them! They responded to every email within mins (during business hours) before I bought it then after it's just been nothing!) The problems I'm having are the fabric pulling to the left (thanks to people here I figured out it's because of the 9mm foot when I'm used to 7mm). The space, while nice and big which makes getting quilts through easier, is actually causing back pain if I use it longer than a few mins at a time (and with severe back problems it's making things worse) I've tried moving things around, the chair, other positions etc, nothing helps sadly. There is more but I won't get into all of it here since I need this new problem solved.

Today's problem I have no clue what is going on. I'll sew using the pedal, stop to adjust a seam hit the pedal again and it beeps. No warning thing on the screen. The little start/stop button is green, nothing seems wrong. I sew again and it's fine. Then I start the next seam and before it even starts sewing it's beeping again?! Again no lights are red, no warning or error codes are coming up, it just beeps and doesn't sew. (I also ran out of bobbin thread and when I put the new one in it refused to take up the thread, I did all the stuff below and it threaded the next time I tried just fine, but then immediately beeped when I hit the pedal again). It does sew after a few secs after the beep, but this is getting REAL annoying. Like I said I've sewn about 13 6" seams and it's done this 7 times.

I've tried:
-turning it off and on again a few times
-thoroughly cleaning it even tough it didn't need it
-re-threaded it
-wound new bobbins
-changed the needle (again even though it didn't need it)

I'm using 80 needles and aurifil 50wt thread, sewing on normal quilting cotton (moda and robert kaufman) the machine is the 6650.

Anyone have any idea what on earth is going on and how to fix it? I'm worried about sending it in (partly due to the shipping costs) because I worry it won't do it while they have it and instead of being a free warranty repair it'll be an expensive "there's nothing wrong with this you now owe us $300" waste on top of the shipping costs. I won't take it to the last repair guy with my old machine since he wouldn't listen to me when I asked him to just replace the bobbin case (which again thanks to the wonderful people here we figured it out and I fixed it myself) and he charged me for two repairs and blamed me for it. There is another place but I don't travel well and it's over an hour from here. I'll do it if I have to, but I don't want to have to get there and have it be something I might be able to do on my own.