Old 03-10-2010, 05:41 AM
athenagwis

Originally Posted by ctquilter
Most machines, maybe all, will stop at the needle up position every time. Some have a button (and this one has it) that when you hold it down for a couple of seconds, the needle will stop in the down position every time you stop. This a a great feature when quilting. My old Bernina always stops with the needle up and if I want it down I have to do it manually. I still love my oldie anyway.
On my machine I have to push the needle down button every time I stop sewing. Does anyone else have to do this?
From what I can tell already, if you start sewing with the needle down, it will always end with the needle down, but if you are doing applique where you are starting in the middle of the fabric, you can't start with the needle down all the time. But last night when I was regular piecing, I was able to do it, but obviously I don't care about having the needle down when I am piecing! :) :) So I am going to guess that you machine does do it, but it's not of a great help since you can't start with your needle down when you are doing the kind of work you need needle down for!

Cheers!
Rachel

No luck. I tried all of the above. I originally mentioned this because I wasn't aware that there is more than one kind of needle down function.
Bummer!! That's what mine does .... maybe that's a newer feature?

Rachel