View Single Post
Old 06-27-2023, 05:14 AM
lindaschipper

I had one of those days Saturday. Got my new Elite Stitch Regulator from Grace earlier in the week, but life got in the way and didn't get it hooked up until Saturday. This regulator will fit several different brands of machines, but of course the book doesn't tell you to follow which set of directions for the various machines. I finally followed drawings for the one that looked like my machine. The screws for the encoders weren't long enough so my husband had to remove spacers to make them fit. Then where the instruction books says to but the touch screen at, the screw isn't long enough there either, so I had to move it to the bar that fits between the handle bars. All wires, hooked up, and touch screen didn't come on. Reread the instruction books (there are two of them) three times, fussed and cried , and maybe even cussed. Finally walked away and through tearful eyes told my husband I was sending it back and would pack it up the following day. Arrrghhh!
Sunday I walked out and decided to give it another try, since I had given it time to think about how awful it was being to me. Unplugged the wires and replugged them in again on the control box. Still nothing. Turned around and looked down. It wasn't plugged into the power strip on the floor!! Plugged into the socket it suddenly worked. How did I miss that??
I still have a learning curve on all the bells and whistles. Still can't get a stitch length that I'm happy with, but I can play around with that again tomorrow. Remember ladies, if you don't plug it into the socket, it won't work!!