View Single Post
Old 06-29-2023, 06:23 AM
sewingpup

Years ago, my sister had some blank "Cook Books" made for us. The have the family name on the front. Then she proceeded to write down the family favorites in them. There were plenty of blank pages to add in more other recipes. This is the book I go to if I want to make one of the family favorites. I also have a couple of my mom's old cookbooks. One is just a loose-leaf notebook with pockets and dividers of different types. This cookbook is really a mess. It has recipes labeled "Aunt Dora's Ginger cookies" Edith's Spritz, Mrs. Peterson's raspberry rolls". I wouldn't try and organize this one for anything. Pages are out of place, handwritten recipes on cards and scraps of paper are tucked in the pockets. Too many memories attacked to it. One of my tasks when my mom decided it was time to back I got assigned was to get that book and locate the recipe she wanted. Mom had a unique filing system. For example, she would place all the tupperware containers in the big unused sugar bin built into the kitchen and the tops for the containers were stored on a shelve in the basement. When she needed both the top and the container, one of us kids would be given the task of locating the matching top for the container being used. I also have to confess, I use the "Favorite Recipes from Quilter's" CookBook" A lot. By Stoltzfus. Ok, these generally are not low cal or lowfat but generally taste really good. I also have handwritten recipes on cards from my grandmother. She seems to have been a bit more organized then my mom She only had two children, my mom had 4 maybe that is the reason.