View Single Post
Old 07-03-2023, 04:58 PM
sewingpup

I do mostly organic looking free motion quilting. I do not like marking at all. I have done it when I am trying to balance things in a border. I don't like so don't put borders that need this type of quilting on my quilts any longer. My first few meander quilts where pretty rough looking but as time went on, my curves got smoother and I got better at figuring out where to go next to maintain a fairly even amount of quilting. I guess what I am saying is if you don't enjoy marking, don't. But do keep on quilting, over time it will begin to make smoother looking motives. When I am putting in things like bubbles, leaves, swirls into my meandering, I do try and make them in different sizes and directions. I really want them to look organic and like they were not stitched out by pantogram or computerized quilting. I did try to do the classic customized quilting with things being perfect and organized. It is not me and I do not enjoy it. I think for me, I do this for fun, not for money and so I do what I want and what I can do without driving myself nuts.