Old 07-29-2023, 10:33 AM
quiltsfor

Originally Posted by osewme View Post
Your quilt is beautiful. I've always wanted to try the QAYG method. Did you use a tutorial online & if so could you link to it. There are so many ways to do QAYG. I did a small placemat using Leah Day's method (just to see if I could do it) & it turned out good. I'd like to try a few more from different tutorials before I tackle a large quilt.
I have watched a lot of videos and there are so many methods. Finding ones with doing it with sashing are pretty easy to find, and I really liked Leah Day's method for that and she is the one I followed for the Quilt as You Go with Sashing. Putting the blocks together - step 9 I actually ordered I believe her step 9 for the written instructions.

For the Quilt as you Go without sashing, I finally found one that I liked and it worked well for me. It was Carolyn Forster that won me over on her method. I found a very, very short demo video of hers, which just perked my interest in her QAYG method, (unfortunately it was very short and didn't show much) Here is that video: Quilting on the Go Tip . I was able to find her book that all the instructions in it. I really liked that, as I could refer to her book as needed. This is the book Quilt As You Go: a practical guide to 14 inspiring techniques & projects

Last edited by quiltsfor; 07-29-2023 at 10:45 AM.