View Single Post
Old 08-01-2023, 03:22 AM
quiltsfor

I really like Jenny Doan, I find her instructions easy to follow and I feel like I'm in the room with her.. Jenny will also admit to 'small mistakes' on her videos and acts human, and either fix it or let's you know it won't matter in the end. Jenny is more down to earth. She makes you feel like you are part of her family.

I also like Donna Jordan's video's, as her instructions are easy to follow, as well. But I find that, to me, she isn't quite the 'people' person. I've watched Donna make 'small mistakes' in her videos and she'll just look at the piece and ignore that she did it, instead acting like it is perfect. Donna seem more of a perfectionist and stiff. Expecially since I've seen her earlier video's when their shop was still open to the public and how she seemed annoyed around people.

Other video I've watched I can't get through some of them - matter of fact, I can't even recall their names. I really dislike it when they go off and start talking about their next vacation, or one they just got back from, or they talk to back and forth to the person taking the video, chatting about personal things, like 'oh, I really liked the blouse you wore on that trip etc. etc. --- and then, the actually quilting is so far from the 'lens' that you just see them sitting at the machine sewing and you can't even see what or how they are doing it.