View Single Post
Old 08-30-2023, 05:17 AM
Iceblossom

Some of us do not get the hang of paper piecing very easily! I have friends who do it and love it and understand it, but even when they sit with me, I do not share the joy

It is on my list of techniques to try/improve. I think having a project you want to do really helps and also remind yourself that you are learning. If you get frustrated with the project you have chosen, maybe find a couple of other tasks to do first for practice, or use up some spare fabric.

I have a project that pretty much requires paper piecing but I got so frustrated (because I thought I'd get the hard blocks out of the way first) that it's been on the back burner for a couple of years now. I have "forced" myself to do some sharp angle V shapes on paper that I could have done the old fashioned way just to get used to working with the paper and from "the other side". I also have a baby quilt project planned that I should probably do to get back in practice again since my long sewing break before I try those tiny 3" finished hummingbird blocks again...