View Single Post
Old 08-30-2023, 08:46 AM
OurWorkbench

Default September 2023 Colorado Sewing Machine Get-Together

I have some sad news to share this month. John peacefully and unexpectedly passed away this month. As I have mentioned before John was the one that would collect the notes and pictures from the group and then write a short introduction. I will try to continue in his footsteps.

The kids are headed back to school, so fall must be around the corner. Denver, however, is headed into several 90 degree days.

Leon and Dianne have contributed this month.

Leon

Leon, our member at large from Kansas, hasn't been heard from for a bit. He has added some machines and vintage sewing related items.

I have not been devoid of machines in my absence though.
But last things first: Marketplace advertised a Boye Needle shuttle and bobbin display case. thought to be from after WWi and before the depression. Mine now it is partially loaded and has given us one shuttle. Much more exploring to do. Heads on the next post.
leon-boye-needle-container-brabd-top.jpg

leon-boye-needle-container-closed.jpg

leon-boye-shuttle-crop.jpg

heads
I had ignored this 101 at an antique shop for months, till I finally figured out what it was. It was filthy underbed and I have cleaned it, but not oiled it. The VS2 was so rusty it took me two weeks to get a full revolution. Two more weeks to get the presser bar freed up. It sews now.

leon-101-spider-wick.jpg

leon-vs2-rusty-august-2023.jpg

... to be continued