View Single Post
Old 09-25-2023, 07:10 AM
Iceblossom

Playing/working with real fabric has helped the urge to buy fabric tremendously!

I am set for my Tuesday group tomorrow. I've cut a bunch of "kite" shaped pieces from a white on white, and the first set of red on red that will frame the white. With my vision issues and since I often drop stuff and have to do my careful stacking, I've learned to string the subtle pieces onto a needle and thread and they are all right side up to help me when I start sewing tomorrow.

It just turned out that the remnant of the red on red will be perfectly sized to cut into my stored 6.5" strips!

There were several ways I could have cut the kite pieces, some more "fabric intensive" than others. When I first decided to make this pattern I was considering using the white background as a foundation piece. I've decided to follow the directions and paper piece. The inspiration quilt is "Christmas Kaleidoscope" from Quilter's Newsletter Magazine December 1996, but I'm changing a few things... more blocks, taking away one border, stuff like that.
Attached Thumbnails 20230925_095626.jpg