View Single Post
Old 09-30-2023, 07:05 AM
sewingpup

The one and only time I made a quilt by request was for my cousin when she had the idea I could make a quilt for her grand nephew and perhaps one for any further nieces and nephews that came along. I was doing a bit of machine emboridery at the time and had a collection of designs that involved critters driving vehicles of different types. Well, I said yes but that she could come with me to the fabric store and pick out the fabric. Solids of various colors and a couple of fun prints for sashing, borders, and backing. She did, was surprised by the cost of the fabric, but paid for it (I did donate some of my stash to the project). Then I had requested that she also help me with the embroidery meaning she could pick out the colors of the thread from the thread chart, help me hoop the fabric, and also do some of the pressing as the quilt was assembled. That way, I could just keep the embroidery machine going. Well, it did turn out cute. But after it was done, she decided that it would be a quilt that would be passed down to the next child as they arrived. She had had enough of "quilting" Oh, and I did make a baby quilt for each of new ones that arrived, but not as time consuming.