View Single Post
Old 10-03-2023, 01:34 PM
Iceblossom

I have to admit my favorite blanky is a brown plaid microfiber throw I bought at Walmart a few years back in the after Christmas leftovers. It is both light enough and heavy enough and washes easily. It is also long and wide enough that I can tuck it under my feet and it still goes over my shoulders. I do also have quilts on the bed but for an under-$10 purchase, my brown plaid blanky was a super bargain!

I am still making donation projects and special occasion quilts when we have the few special occasions among friends and family . I do prefer groups that allow people to select their own items -- one person could be very happy with one of my quilts and think another is the ugliest thing they've ever seen. I do have a target audience in mind of older foster kids and for households such as abuse shelters which is good because I prefer working in twin to queen sized projects. In giving to such causes, I can't have a huge amount of attachment to my projects. Some people will appreciate them more than others, and sometimes in the rush of leaving a place, some things are left behind especially when heavy or not easily stuffed into a backpack. I try to get some fun out of each project and hope/think that if the recipient gets just 15 minutes of joy or just the acknowledgement that they exist, my time has been well spent.