Old 11-26-2023, 04:52 PM
bearisgray
Power Poster

Been there, done that.

I prayed.that i would not have to raise grand children.

We did pretty nuch what you did, except we had a wringer washer. And did not do the double diapetummies. Diapers were changed during the night, it did not seem necessary.

I also breast fed my kids, so skipped the formula thing. They seemed to grow up allergy free And omparatively healthy. I give credit to my casual housekeeping style for their being relatively healthy now.

Two big changes since the 1960's. Decent car seats and babies are to sleep on their backs instead of their tummies.

i never could figure why it supposedly took boys longer to catch on to when they had to urinate - after all, they could see what they were doing instead of just going by sensation..

I think there were more stay at home moms then I suppose we might have be e n considered lower income people - but we always had enough food. Sometimes the pickings were thin, but I do not remember ever being hungry hungry.

we also actually cooked- most of the time.

in- laws were nearby. It was mostly good back then.

are kids better off. now? They have different opportunities and different perils since my kids were babies.