View Single Post
Old 12-14-2023, 04:46 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

IceBlossom ... I'm thinking of using re-usable mesh produce bags. Ironically, I have been using them for most everything except produce!! You mentioned laundry bags ... when I couldn't get lingerie bags, I started using knee high nylons or trouser socks. They work better, and last longer! Question ... A little foggy here with your explanations ... did you gut, then wash? or wash, then gut? For sure, I'll be doing some test runs! Just trying to start with good knowledge from yours and others experiences, and avoid re-learning what is already known.

LI_diva ... Don't downplay your info. You have some good specific, and practical advice. This person is more of an acquaintance through church and the community, than she is a friend. Other than having known her husband, again through the same connections, I really know little about her. They both always had a good sense of humour. But I have no idea as to how relaxed or uptight she may be about these prized possessions!! Also, I have no clue how many ties there are. He was known for his ties, but did they keep every one of those ties, forever? Are there a1000? Or did they clear the stash periodically and she just has 12? Too, no idea as to what quality, colour range, etc. Your thoughts are well taken and definitely fit with what I'd been thinking. Honestly, I'm not even sure as to what sort of a project she is really thinking about.

IF, and still a BIG IF, I decide to go the next step, my thoughts right now are to say, let's talk, with a show and tell of the ties. As you suggested, I'll be very open re my inexperience and the high risks; but also the risk of reward with something for her to cherish. I just know I have to feel really good about it, before I will go to the next step. I'm not rushing to any decisions. For now, the Christmas season gives some space, and time to consider.

Last edited by QuiltE; 12-14-2023 at 04:50 PM.