View Single Post
Old 01-06-2024, 06:20 AM
EmiliasNana

I printed some UFO sheets to itemize all my quilting projects, but in the meantime we got the best Christmas gift ever, news that a granddaughter is arriving the end of June! So..........all quilting put aside for now as I'm having a second knee replacement in February and looking for some hand and lap projects. Out comes the smocking kits and supplies that have been squirreled away for about 12 years, since our oldest granddaughter was a toddler. I have one sized 3 mo. bishop dress neckline blocked on my ironing table waiting for the starch to dry, lace for a blanket drying in the laundry room to apply to a flannel blanket that was prewashed yesterday, and a pattern to trace to a fine wool blanket that requires embroidery and crewel (all kits from Australian Smocking and Inspiration magazines that are no longer published) I have enough smocking kits to make at least 5-6 items from 12 mo-4 yrs. still in the tote. I do plan on making a quilt, but it will be closer to her due date.
I "had" planned on re-doing some of our photo albums, making the Christmas table runner (pieced and appliqued) and bench pillow (all embroidery machine) that didn't get done this Christmas, and making 3 more quilts for Quilts Beyond Borders, using the 3-1 yd. quilt patterns and fabric that I had set aside for them. We also have 2 longish trips planned to Prince Edward Island and a fall cruise down the Mississippi to throw into the mix. I will do what I can, but have a good start now on the hand sewing items. My sewing room is always pretty organized, it's just the vast number of PIGS that I have accumulated, that need my attention. I did Karen Brown's de-stash during the pandemic and donated boxes and boxes of items to the local library and a craft re-sale shop, along with three sewing machines to various charities. Good luck to the rest of you on your amazing progress.