View Single Post
Old 02-04-2024, 07:04 PM
SharonH20

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
I always use the lite Heat’n bond product for my machine appliqué, it is my favourite. However recently I have been helping a friend with a Laura Heine collage pattern and it calls for steam a seam 2.
Does your pattern also build the quilt on a foundation like the collage ones, or is it more of a “normal” appliqué pattern where you fuse your appliqué to the background? Do you have a see through appliqué sheet to build your shapes on before fusing them to your background? Just asking these questions to see if there is something I can help you with.

have you already seen this video about the laser cut kit? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNrJNu3BF60
Yep, from 5 yrs ago. Saw that one and Laser Cut no longer sells the kit.

I’ve never used fusible so I have no idea how it works other than what I’ve seen on video. I do know that I’m fusing on a background fabric. There is some building up like dots on the bug and the flower center going over it ends of the petals.

One thing I could use help with!!! There are a total of 432 hearts surrounding the dandelion stem. Can I fuse them first and then punch them out with a leather punch (used to work with leather years ago). It would save a lot of time. Not that I have to fuse them first but the stiffer the fabric is, the cleaner the punch will be, even doing 10 or 20 at a time.

Either way thanks so much for everyone’s input!!!!