View Single Post
Old 02-08-2024, 04:21 AM
Leftinstitches

Default Sew many questions!

Old lady new to sewing. I happened upon a New Home in a cabinet, electric with the knee treadle. (Is that what it’s called? Lol ) I’ve been trying to find out the year it was made but there is a lot going on as far as manufacturing labels and serial/style/model numbers and I’m lost.
The machine works- well the needle moves up and down and the light works but I have yet to thread it in an attempt to sew. It came with a ton of attachments I can’t identify and a manual that’s seen better days as well as a variety of packs of needles from all over the world!
So…. It has a round gold plate with the Westinghouse insignia on the back of the machine (1936 is stamped into this plate)and New Home, in gold, painted on the front. On the base in gold is a picture of a Greyhound and I believe it said “Fast Running” and “New Home” but it’s becoming pretty worn.
The cabinet appears to have its own 4 digit serial number based on a Westinghouse label on the inside of the door. But, the machine has a brass plate with a serial number starting with ‘NH’ followed by 6 numbers.
I’m sure there’s a website or database I’m not finding, but, if anyone has any idea where I can actually find this particular machines info I would be extremely grateful. I did check the list on the website that comes up when you Google sewing machine serial numbers but apparently New Home only listed up to a certain year on that list.
See!! Sooooo confused:/
If I can figure out how to add pictures I’ll do that.
Thanks for any help/advice you can offer!

Last edited by Leftinstitches; 02-08-2024 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Spelling error