Old 02-08-2024, 08:33 PM
Singer500A

Hi, Just thought I'd share pics of a Japanese machine I recently got. It came in a cabinet that I got for my Singer.

Japanese 650 Deluxe Zig-Zag. If you can help me narrow down a manufacturer and approximate build year, that would be great. Looks similar to other Japanese machines so I'm assuming they were made for department stores and only the names were changed. This one is badged "Abraham and Strauss" for the chain based in the New York area, I think.

Seems to work okay and in good shape, but I don't really have a need for another machine. I'm very new to sewing. Might try to sell it, so any idea of value? I know they aren't that collectable or valuable. There is a sewing shop, that has been around since the 60s, that I could get it serviced at or give it too. Perhaps they could find a new home for it.

Based on the JA codes I saw the Soryu is a possible manufacturer? Will continue to search this site and others for anything I can find.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails 650-deluxe-1.jpg   650-deluxe-2.jpg   650-deluxe-3.jpg   650-deluxe-4.jpg   650-deluxe-5.jpg  

Last edited by Singer500A; 02-08-2024 at 08:47 PM.