Old 02-17-2024, 04:12 PM
Raggiemom

I like the left most border, reminds of a barbershop pole. You could mix it up since it's scrappy and do a different border on each side!

Originally Posted by Dedemac View Post
It's been a good day, but not quite the order I was expecting. I got the four blocks for the topper pressed and together then found some strips to frame it for the first border. I wanted a picture frame effect so same color family but different style of print. While looking thru a bin for a dark brown for the next border I ended up finding 70 HST's that were left over from one of my quilts about 2 years ago? Decided to finally sort the (To be sorted) bin and found some dark brown that would work but thought that I would press the HST's and see if they would work a a extra border. I'm leaning towards the ribbon stripe over the saw tooth. But will have to think more on it. I also was able to work on my DGS's kilt to resize it, I have it to the point that I have to sew the waist band back on but need to change thread color so was procrastinating on that.
DH just put dinner in the oven so after dinner I think we will sit in the family room and I will do some hand work. DH has been working out in his shop or in the music room today so I had space to play with fabric in the dinning room.
Here's a pic of the border options any suggestions? These are all orphan or left over blocks, so just sewing for fun.
Sorry the picture is a little dark.