View Single Post
Old 02-20-2024, 05:57 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Just read the March birthdays pm from WMUT. Happy to say, I have 18 packages ready to send off... so I guess I have a spare.

My current hometown is Florence, MS. It's a very tiny community, but an old one. Originally it was called Steen's Creek, I think for the people who settled here. One of the local schools is Steen's Creek Elementary. We found Florence while we were living in nearby Jackson MS about 30 years ago. We had wanted to get out of that city and move to a more rural area, and the Lord blessed us with the acreage we now live on. We built our house here. I can't imagine living anywhere else.

There are no super fabulous places to eat here (I'm picky) but we do have two huge catfish restaurants, and several Mexican eateries. We have one little hole-in-the-wall place that serves tasty steaks. For me, the most fun activity in the area is visiting the antique flea markets. We have several and they are better priced than the ones in neighboring towns. I bought two of my antique Singers at these malls... a Singer 66 treadle with lotus decals in a beautiful parlor cabinet.... and a more modern Singer 403, just like one my aunt had. Another fun activity is local sports. Our kids were homeschooled for the most part, but played in community baseball and basketball leagues. The town has really nice ballparks.

So come visit Florence, MS!