View Single Post
Old 02-22-2024, 07:59 AM
Rebaquilts

SusieQOH, happy belated birthday, prayers and good wishes. What a huge ordeal. WMUTeach, I thought it was a carpenter's wheel, it is the Camille Roskelley Patchwork Swoon by Thimbleblossoms. I just love it, worth the $7 I paid on sale not to do the math. So yes, hold me to it ;-) I have 3 days until the 25th. LOL.

I love the posts about everyone's hometown. I am in what was voted "the most romantic city in Michigan," St. Joseph. We have literally a postage stamp lighthouse, amazing water sports, a fantastic huge beach on both sides of the lighthouse, great fishing & birdwatching, and with a downtown with cute, curated shopping. Kilwin's Ice Cream is on one block, the Olive Cart on another, and South Bend Chocolate Company on the third block. I personally love the food at Tosi's Cafe and will be having cappuccino and a Swiss almond horn on Sunday morning with a friend. Holding hands and walking along the bluff above the spray fountains is required at sunset over the lake. The Amtrack stops here on the way to Chicago, and the train station also houses Silver Beach Pizza, with some of the most amazing pizza in the region. We are far enough away from Chicago to have some serenity, but close enough to enjoy all the benefits of the windy city when we want. Our region is called the Heart of the Fruit Belt, because the lake-effect modified temperatures here, warmer in the winter, colder in the summer, make tender fruit growing ideal. Fresh peaches, pears, nectarines, blueberries, cherries, and apples are available on roadside stands seasonally. I've been around the world, but love coming home. Hugs all!